TRAIL STOP 4: The Burlington Historical Museum

 

Formerly the Center School, this building was erected in 1855 and used as a grammar school until 1897. It was turn­ ed into a public library through the efforts and sub­stantial financial backing of Mr. E. S. Barker who gave it to the town on behalf of his two children. It served as the library until 1969 when the present Public Library was built. It was recently restored, and contains many ar­tifacts of historical significance. Murals painted by local artists Donald Gorvette and Jeffrey Weaver, which depict local history, are particularly noteworthy.

 
For a (much) larger tour, go here.