TRAIL STOP 9: The Reed House (Circa 1750)

 

The road which passes in front of this house was known as the Old Country Road. Over one-hundred years before the Revolution, it was used by farmers in the area en route to the produce markets in Boston. These travelers stopped at a watering station located here to water their animals. In 1850 Isaiah Reed purchased this property from Jeremiah Hunt. The fifth and sixth generations of Reed heirs presently reside in this beautiful old home.